Canada’s premier nuclear science and technology organization embarked on an upgrade and relocation of their facilities. BFC successfully supplied and installed specialty testing modules used to simulate the process conditions inside a Nuclear Reactor. Despite this being the first nuclear project that BFC has embarked on, we were able to develop innovative solutions and impress our client with our expertise and ability to bring their ideas to life. Our success on this project was largely attributed to our multifaceted team and our ability to work together towards a common goal, putting our customer first.
Design, build, install and validate 12 unique nuclear testing systems, each on a frame with control panel.
- Multiple different End Users with differing requirements and requests
- Pressure and Temperature design limitations were based on material limitations
- Project was located in a high-risk seismic area requiring detailed seismic calculations for equipment
- Work within the restrictions of the User Requirements Specification
- Equipment was the critical path for the project, with some specialty materials having long lead times
- Constructed Systems from various materials ( Stainless Steel, Incoloy, Hastelloy, Titanium and Zirconium )
- Designed systems with Maximum Pressure and Temperature of 5000 psi / 1100 ° F
- Every project milestone was met over the duration of the project
- Our team worked around the clock to deliver quality systems to our client (85,000 man hours over a 4-year period)
- Acquired Nuclear Industry expertise at BFC